Palladion is a nice SIP analyzer from IPTEGO. IPTEGO was recently purchased by Acmepacket… so they must be doing something right!
Anyways… here are a few “gotcha’s” that I have noticed while working on extension scripts .
1. If you are trying to compare the time stamps between “Leg.setup_start_ts” and “Message.ts” it becomes tricky. SIP message timestamps from Leg.getMessages are in “Y-m-d H:M:S” format. While Leg.setup_start_ts is in epoch format.You will need to build a function to convert one of these. Check this blog for an idea on how to convert datetime.datetime to epoch.
2. If you can’t seem to get a script to work, check in the “/tmp” directory and look for most recent folder. Review the file named “output” and you will see the traceback output.
3. If you try to do something like :
f = open("/home/me/output.txt", "w") print >>f, str
It will fail to open the file and the script will stop. If you change “f” to:
f = open("output1.txt", "w")
It should work, and the output will be found in /tmp/”most recent folder”. This is how I discovered the timestamp issue..