Get access to free VOIP training. Sign up below.



Can’t connect with Broadworks Deployment Studio? Read this to save an hour of your life.

I had an issue that drove me insane today. While attempting to push a few changes to the Broadworks Call Center App. I was adamant that I had entered the correct values on the “Deployment” tab, yet I kept receiving this error:
(all IPs, domains and usernames have been changed)

 

Timeout occurred waiting for response from server. Please contact your service provider if this problem persists.
Timeout occurred waiting for response from server. Please contact your service provider if this problem persists.

 

This error didn’t seem like it was telling the truth, so I went to the source : The OCSLog file on the server hosting OCI.

 

2015.10.26 16:29:06:340 MST | Info | OpenClientServer

Received message from client on unsecure socket 13143 | Host:Port 1.1.1.1:62253/1.1.1.1 | Local Port 2208

2015.10.26 16:29:06:340 MST | Info | OpenClientServer

Received message from client on unsecure socket 13143 | Host:Port 1.1.1.1:62253/1.1.1.1 | Local Port 2208:


192.168.154.75--4009030666984229966

 adminusername

2015.10.26 16:29:06:348 MST | Info | OpenClientServer

Getting PROV serving AS info from NS for user adminusername.

2015.10.26 16:29:06:348 MST | Info | OpenClientServer

http://10.10.10.71:80/servlet/LocateUser?url=adminusername%40my.default.domain&returnCompatibleXSP=false&callPRequest=false

2015.10.26 16:29:06:348 MST | FieldDebug | Generic

HTTP connected...

2015.10.26 16:29:06:351 MST | Info | OpenClientServer

Getting response from NS (10.10.10.71):


 

2015.10.26 20:51:26:696 MST | Info | OpenClientServer

Sending OCI message to client using connection unsecure socket 13167 | Host:Port 1.1.1.1:55681/1.1.1.1 | Local Port 2208
192.168.16.118--6954723538114549563
 [Error 5401] User is not found on Network Server.

[Error 5401] User is not found on Network Server.

 

Ok… no big deal, I can add the username in question. I logged into the NS and added the user to “NS_CLI/SubscriberMgmt/Administrator/User>”.

NS_CLI/SubscriberMgmt/Administrator/User> get

Administrator ID  =  adminusername@my.default.domain
  Name            =  Name, Admin
  Access Level    =  System Provider

Tried it again, the same error punched me in the face.

I took a wild guess and add the user to ” NS_CLI/SubscriberMgmt/Administrator/HostingNEUser>”

NS_CLI/SubscriberMgmt/Administrator/HostingNEUser> get bwas userID adminusername@my.default.domain
          Administrator ID  Subscriber Maintenance Partition
============================================================
  adminusername@my.default.domain

1 entry found.

SUCCESS! This finally let me in. Hopefully this saves someone else a ridiculous amount of troubleshooting time.